Thursday 1 January 2015

Favourites of 2014

Doing something a bit different for the New Year: a favourites post! I didn't want to dwell on the year as it wasn't the best and decided instead to think about the things I did enjoy. You'll get to know me better, anyway! I'll post more about 2015 later this week, so watch this space. 

Fave TV show:
Shall we start with one of the hardest questions? Sure. I have watched so much TV this year, but most of it are second seasons of shows (2014 was good for that too). 
I'm going to say that SUPERNATURAL is my favourite show of the year. Season 9 was so. good. I think it may have broken me with its emotional rollercoaster, and I felt it especially sharply as I have marathoned seasons 1-9 in just over a year, and was able to watch Season 10 (which started in October 2014) as it aired! (Waiting for episodes is horrible)
Honourable mentions: IN THE FLESH (Oh god Season 2 was a cinematic masterpiece and it definitely comes second), Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones. 

Fave Song:
It's not the best song that's come out this year but for me it's Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. It's got me through a lot of difficult moments, and it's so catchy? And I kind of like how Taylor Swift is making fun of herself/the media. 
Honorable mentions: Take Me To Church by Hozier (I know it didn't come out this year but it came out in the charts this year), Anaconda by Nicki Minaj

Fave Film:
Oh god this one is also really hard. I'm going to say The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies because I love the entire franchise. It's also really sad though and I spent a good half hour through the whole credits crying and being the second last person there while my boyfriend 'aww are you okay'ed at me. 
Honorable mentions: The Hunger Games Mockingjay part I, 22 Jump Street, Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train your Dragon 2  

Fave book:
This is the first question where an answer came immediately: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Rarely have I enjoyed a book so thoroughly where there is not a lot of plot. And I ate it up. Wholeheartedly. 
Honorable mentions: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, Gone by Michael Grant, 1984 by George Orwell, Clariel by Garth Nix (I'm sorry all I read was Dystopian novels, but they were so good)

Fave make-up product:
I only got a magazine sample of it, but I FELL IN LOVE: Benefit's They're Real: Push Up Gel Eyeliner. At £18.50 it's expensive but it so easy to apply (despite being confused and dubious at first. You squeeze the eyeliner out, so that just sounds dumb right? Wrong, it's magical). 

Fave face/body product:
Okay so I've only used this product like, twice? Because it's my friend's, and I borrowed some when I stayed over, but I WILL buy it since it's perfect: Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean Cleanser. It smells of peaches, but not like, regular peach shower gel - more like you're rubbing a real, cut peach on your bare face. It is so fresh and a little weird but it's addictive. I am becoming a bit obsessed with peaches lately since another friend got me Body Shop's Peach Shower Gel for Christmas as a half-joke (my surname is Peach). 
Honorable mentions: Superdrug's Soothing Green Tin Lip Balm in Aloe Vera 

Let me know what you've enjoyed in 2014 and what you'd recommend! In the meantime, I'll write that next post. 

L x 



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML